Neck Lift Surgery
A neck lift is a surgical procedure designed to address signs of aging in the neck and jawline. Since these procedures are more localized than a facelift, they can frequently be preformed under local anesthesia in the office.
Reasons People Choose to Have a Neck Lift
A Neck Lift can address:
• Loose skin on the neck.
• Fatty deposits beneath the chin.
• The excess fat and relaxed skin that creates the jowls on the lower portion of the face.
• Muscle bands on the neck (caused by abnormal contours).
Preparing for a Neck Lift in Fort Lauderdale
Preparation for a Neck Lift may require that the patient:
• Visit his or her general practitioner for a medical evaluation.
• Have lab tests, which may include blood work.
• Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin and herbal supplements as some of these can increase the incidence of bleeding.
• Stop smoking.
• Adjust current medications.
• Take certain medications prior to their Lower Rhytidectomy.
Dr. Thomassen performs these procedures in his surgical suite in Fort Lauderdale. Both of these procedures are performed on an outpatient basis; therefore, patients need to bring a driver with them on the day of their surgery. In addition, Dr. Thomassen recommends that patients have someone stay with them the night following their Lower Rhytidectomy procedure.
Types of Neck Lifts
The type of procedurs Dr. Thomassen chooses to make depends on the patients anatomy and desires.
Submental Neck lift
This procedure is performed with only an incision underneath the chin. Through this incision, excess fat in the neck is removed and the platysmal muscles that cause banding can be released and sutured together.
In addition deeper neck structures that may be adding to bulk in the area may be addressed, including digastric muscles and submaxillary glands.
A Limited Incision Lower Rhytidectomy
In this procedure, the neck is treated using incisions in the back of the ear. Through this incision the skin is elevated across the neck and allows for tightening of the lateral platysmal border.
Neck Lift Results
Incision lines heal in 2 weeks and swelling will resolve in 4-6 weeks.
If you are interested in learning more about the Neck Lift procedures available at Thomassen Plastic Surgery in Fort Lauderdale, contact the office today.
Awake Facelift Surgery
Minimal Incision Neck Lift (MINL)
What are the Different Types of Facelifts?